World health organization has recognized poor oral and dental health and hygiene prevailing all over the world as one of the major health issues. Lack of dental and oral hygiene has adversely affected vast population especially to the people in lower socio-economic group.
Most state governments are doing their level best to educate people and increase awareness regarding importance of maintaining proper dental and oral hygiene. Due to increased emphasis on regular dental and oral check-ups by hospitals, now people are better informed about their mouth and teeth.
What is dentistry?
Often referred as dental or oral medicine, dentistry has been described as a branch of medicine that deals with study, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and oral cavity ailments.
In addition, dentistry also plays a crucial role in maintaining integrity of oral mucosa, adjacent tissues and structures as well as dentition and problems related to gum and jaws particularly Tempro-Maxillofacial Jaw joint etc.
Besides above, dentistry is of immense importance in treatment of emergency dental ailments in Melbourne to provide relief from traumatic dental pains, sometime unbearable. The emergency dentists in Melbourne ensure proper and perfect treatment to patients coming for treatment in emergency dental cases.
Types of dentistry
There are various types of dental treatments provided by specialists of each category of dentists, such as:
- Oral Medicine – for diagnosis and treatment pertaining to Oral Cavity orOral Mucosal diseases
- Oral surgery and Max Millo-facial – pertains to Extractions, Implants, and Surgery of the Jaws, Mouth and Face as well as Cleaning and Teeth Scaling
- Cosmetic surgery –meant for improving the appearance of the mouth, teeth and smile.
- Endodontic – focuses on Root Canal Therapy
- Orthodontic – Teeth Alignment and braces expert
- Prosthodontics – Specialists for Dentures, Bridges and Crowns besides Restoration of Tooth Implant
- Periodontics – for the study and treatment of surgical and Non-Surgical treatments for diseases of the Periodontium in addition to the placement and maintenance of dental implants. Particularly diseases of gums like Pyorrhoea are treated by them
- Pedodontics – specialized dentistry for Paediatric patients
Prosthodontists who are super-specialize in Maxillofacial Prosthetics help rehabilitate patients with congenital facial and oral defects such as Deft Lip and Palate as well as Microtia in which patients are born with an underdeveloped ear.
In addition, many dental clinics have separate department for Geriatric Dental problems. More often than not, dentists treat dental problems arising due to dental caries that can sometimes cause acute pain.
In this fast-paced life, we are all prone to accidents and get injured. But when you get a dental injury, it causes severe pain and you need to seek treatment from the best emergency dentist Melbourne to save the broken or injured teeth.
Besides dental trauma, lost fillings, crowns and veneers, infection and toothache usually need prompt treatment.
An emergency dentist Melbourne is always available at East Bentleigh Dental Group where emergency dental problems are managed using latest equipment and technologies up to the complete satisfaction of patients.
Should you need any type of dental trouble, contact East Bentleigh Dental Group for most impeccable and economical dental treatments.