A dentist can prove a good partner while taking care of oral health if you visit the dentist regularly. A regular visit to the dentist for checkups and to cure dental problems can help a lot in keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums healthy. It also helps in preventing future problems related to oral health. But finding a good dentist St Kilda can be an overwhelming task especially when there are so many options to choose from.
Following are some important factors that you can consider when trying to get a good dentist:
- Referrals: In order to find a good dentist, you need to make a list of reputed dentists in your area. Asking your friends, family members, or colleagues who might be having some experience with a dentist can help you. Visit the dentist’s website to check the credentials. The dentist St. Kilda should be certified by the Australian Dental Council. After narrowing down a few of them, ask for an appointment for a consultation and interview the dentist.
- Credentials of the Dentist: It is important to check the board certification of the potential dentist you will be visiting for your dental treatment. Board certification is proof that the dentist has all the necessary training, experience, and skills to provide consultation for good oral health. From the website of the dentist, you also can come to know if the dentist is engaged in some type of malpractice or if any disciplinary action has been taken against him. You will find the dentist’s school history, the name of the training hospital, and disciplinary, and certification history on the state website.
- Experience: Experience is one of the main factors to consider when it comes to treating any kind of oral problem. Only an experienced dentist can provide better results and you also feel confident and comfortable when you visit such a dentist. Additional training becomes important for dentists who are doing specializations like endodontics and orthodontics. For example, if you are an anxious patient, you can ask the dentist how she/he deals with patients who have dental anxiety. If you are going for a special procedure such as a root canal, you can ask the dentist how many procedures he/she has performed up to date and what is the complication rates.
- Telehealth Capabilities: With the new technology known as telehealth, dentists now can diagnose patients’ dental problems with the help of telecommunication, smartphone, two-way videos, and emails. Ask the dentist if he can provide a telehealth facility. Although telehealth cannot replace in-person-office visits, definitely can reduce your trips to the dentist’s clinic. A few conditions like symptoms, vital signals, etc. can be managed through telehealth while sitting at home.
- Communication Skills: The communication skills of a dentist St. Kilda can play a big role in making you comfortable with the doctor. After your first visit with the dentist, you must analyze how the doctor answered all your queries and was she/he responded well to your information needs. A good dentist will show interest in knowing you and your problems related to your oral health.
If you also are in need of a good dentist St. Kilda, feel free to contact Confident Smiles, a clinic where the dentist is not merely your doctor but your oral health partner also.