Every organ in the body has its importance and a definite role to perform besides aiding other organs in performing better. Our teeth are not only meant to just to chew food that we eat but also help increase for facial aesthetics and make us more attractive.
By chewing food properly, teeth make it easy for us to swallow besides aiding the digestive system in digestion and assimilation of the food and nutrition. It is therefore utmost necessary to pay due care to the teeth through proper oral and dental hygiene.
Despite knowing the consequences of ignoring oral and dental hygiene, many people ignore those, knowingly or unknowingly. As a result, many dental problems may crop up causing severe pain, inflammation in gums, dental caries or cavities, dental decay and tooth loss.
Besides above, you may develop halitosis i.e. bad breath or may even have dental emergencies or traumas.
Different specialty branches of dentistry
All such situations warrant efficient dental treatment from a specialist dentist in Bundoora. For treatment of dental ailments, separate dental specialists in every branch of dentistry are there. These specialist dentists treat patients of their field with more efficiency and in best possible ways.
The specialized branches of dentistry include:
- Prosthodontics – They specialize in making Crown and Bridges, Implant, Denture making as well as in Veneers for aesthetic purposes.
- Endodontics – These specialists perform surgery involving the pulp or root of the tooth. Commonly known as root canal treatment specialists. Root canal treatment includes Pulpotomy to drain out an infection; Pulpectomy for removal of pulp to relieve pain and Apicoectomy which is a root-end resection for surgically extracting the diseased material through gingiva i.e. gums.
- Oral surgeons – for Tooth Extraction and Oral and Maxillo-facial surgery. They are expert in Reconstructive surgery, Smile making and other aesthetic procedures as well.
- Orthodontics – for the alignment of teeth especially among children and growing children using braces. They specialize in correcting Malocclusion i.e. Crowded or Crooked Teeth. Crooked teeth may cause tooth wear, chewing or speaking problems as well as TMJ, neuromuscular problems and bite problems. Straightening of teeth to help create a balanced and healthy bite through proper jaw alignment.
- Periodontics – are primarily concerned with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease, severe Gingival diseases, Gum Graft Surgery and Pyorrhoea besides Dental and Oral Hygiene.
- Pedodontics – deal with dental problems pertaining to children such as excessive Thumb or Lip Sucking, Baby Bottle Syndrome, Tongue Thrusting, Early Childhood Caries and e. teeth grinding
Advantages of good dental clinics
The biggest advantage that you get when you go to a well-equipped dental clinic is that you will be treated as per your dental ailment by a specialist dentist in Bundoora.
The professionally dentist treating you will be highly experienced and skilled to provide you the best and most satisfying dental treatment.
Most of the dental clinics that are rated among the best dental clinics always strive to create the most clean and hygienic areas like reception, waiting room and investigation and treatment areas. They use latest equipment and technologies for the treatment.
If you need dental treatment through a highly skilled and professional dentist in Bundoora; there can be no clinic better than Our Dental Clinic in Bundoora.
At Our Dental Clinic, you can get the best dental treatment at most affordable cost.